Wednesday, August 31, 2022

9: Radiation Countdown + Doctor Day (Jenkins)


Day 2 of brain radiation.  

The only side effect after day one has been blurred vision.

  
The mask and machine worked wonderfully today--no problems and seemed to finish in a flash.  

I learned that Wednesday is Doctor Day!
I also learned another negative about being a satellite clinic: you never know which doctor you are going to see.  Today I met: Dr. Jenkins, and he met me. His nurse asked a ton of 1st appointment-like questions.
What meds are you taking?
What major surgeries have you had?
Are you pregnant?
Have you had chemo in the past?

At that point, I stopped her.  Really? I've been fighting this beast since 2013.  Aren't the answers to these questions in the system?  She apologized, explaining that she is required to ask all these questions before I met Dr. Jenkins.  



I asked the doctor today if that was normal.
"Not really," he responded, "but different people often have different side effects."He explained that it all depends on the part of the brain that has radiation.  My eyes might be in a bit of the range.of said radiation.    

Was I having pain, headaches, or fatigue? 
No more than from my daily I joked.   (Doesn't every parent of children in multiple schools and multiple activities feel fatigued on the daily?)

Luckily, after a good night's rest, the blurriness cleared up.  

Here's hoping it will continue to go this well!

Baby steps to the end of the countdown!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment