Monday, August 29, 2022

Brain Radiation Simulation


I was told this would begin August 22nd.
That was wrong.

I was told we would begin on August 29th.  
That was closer to the truth.  

(My new mask.  I shall call her Eedolem.)





Instead of starting the first of ten radiation sessions on my infected and invaded brain, today was merely a simulation.  I asked, "WHY?!" and Jeff and Brandon told me that this was one of the negatives about being a satellite clinic with no in house Radiologists 24/7.  



The techs make the mask.  
Then, the patient is sent through the MRI with the mask on.
Next, those results are sent to the mother ship.
When the satellite station receives word that it is go time, the techs use the mask and MRI results to make final plans for the radiation machine.  
The patient is masked up and locked in and the exact markings for radiation location are made.  
Those exact markings must be signed off by radiology at the main hub.
After all systems are go, the patient begins the radiation journey.  

My scheduled launch is set for tomorrow.  
Let's hope the computer has the evidence. No need to abort.  

The countdown for tomorrow starts.....




I'll be back tomorrow and the next day and eventually for ten days to fulfill the mission.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment