Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Zometa#19 + Radiation Setup

 


Today I was scheduled for my brain radiation mask, but it was also time for my bone-strengthening infusion, Zometa.  I'm so grateful that the clinic schedulers are starting to get me and put both of these on the same day.  


While waiting for the short infusion of Zometa, I realized that I had never numbered the times I received the bone repair in my cancer journal.  I usually keep records of that, especially after recording the number of Herceptin doses in order to prove the company wrong and avoid one extra infusion back in 2014.  If I hadn't kept good notes, my oncologist would not have done a double check.  She would have trusted the drug company over a patient's memory.  She would have been wrong.  

With the importance of proper records in mind, I counted the amount of Zometa infusions while I waited.  It surprised me that the number wasn't higher, but I will be better at records from now on.  


Then, I waited for the rad techs (Jeff and Brandon) and worked on a puzzle.
I got fitted for a mask.  I don't remember that wet mesh being so hot when they molded it to my face.  I was seated on the machine to scan for the proper placement for the actual radiation.  I loved the sky decor, which reminded me of the stars in the night sky.  

I feel like I'm on the right path.  


As of now, I'm scheduled to begin the radiation process on Monday, but will receive the call to confirm.  If it's not on Friday, the radiation won't be Monday. 
After 2 weeks of short, daily doses, 
I'll go to Lubbock for scans and something to check if cancer has gone into my spine.
   
Let's get it on.
I'm ready to fight and know that I am in good hands.  


No comments:

Post a Comment