Wednesday, September 7, 2022

5: Livin' On a Prayer!

 


This morning was quite difficult.  I probably slept too much yesterday, and felt some effects of that choice this morning.  My body felt like it was working against me and had zero get-up-and go.  I was waiting a bit for Dana, and I had a thought about trees and yard work that put me back in a better perspective.

The rental house we are currently in needs some work in the yard. There is a dead tree that seems to be at its end, which will likely fall onto the roof quite soon.  The grass around the huge tree that still lives is mostly dead, and this tree needs trimming.  The rest of the yard just needs a bit of sprucing up.  It was the living tree which took over my thoughts this morning.  

Perhaps a little pruning is needed for the tree.  
That pruning would also help the grass. 
True, the pain of pruning and loosing some branches could hurt for a bit.
But overall, the tree would be more able to grow more fully and hold on to all it needs to do. 
There are squirrels and birds that live there and count on safety from and health of the branches.
There are people who enjoy the shade.
The grass just can't grow because the tree is taking all of the light from the sun.

If the tree could go through a bit of grooming and changing, it could be better for all. 
.There would still be some shade under the remaining branches.
Creatures living on, within, and around would still thrive. 
The grass would receive more light, and be more likely to grow.
And, the tree...the one to have to endure the pain?

It will heal from the lost branches and benefit in new growth.

The tree will continue on. The pruning would come as a surprise, one that it never expected, but it would start to understand as it continued to grow and provide life to other creatures and light to the plants below.  




Perhaps there is a lesson for us all.  

As we all have weakness, we need a little testing.  
Those tests help us grow.
As we grow, we can help others in ways we never could have known before all the change.
We don't always know, but the Pruner sees it all.

**************


Beyond radiation, today I also had a doctor visit.  I asked a few questions, but they mostly revolved around drugs--those for pain and for constipation relief.  Unfortunately, those two seem to work against me.  One taken to alleviate pain, but also causing another type in the process.  There was much humor around asking about those.  
And, that's all I have to say about that. (for now.).

**************

If you're interested in how it looks and works for my brain radiation, here's a peek.





I forgot to take a shoe pic, but I have a pretty good quote to end today's post.

"Pain has nothing on humor."  



Ya'll might not have noticed it, but I've been counting the days incessantly.
We're halfway there.......

No comments:

Post a Comment