Friday, September 2, 2022

7: Another Day, Another Three-Day Break!

 


I've been a cancer patient now in 4 cities and 2 states.  
How blessed I have been to have such amazing friends, neighbors, and church families in each of those places.  All those humans have been willing to give their time and knowledge and driving capabilities to help me in my never-ending journey. It's even more special when you find a match with someone who has prayed me into their life.  That's when you know a friendship is real.  It's a God thing for both humans involved.  



This is that person in Hobbs.  The Support Squad to my Warrior Princess.  The shoe and sparkle and spiritually similar person, who matches my love for glitter and accessories and design and gratitude to God for all that is good (and challenging) in this world. 



I had a sweet moment today, during the time I was locked to the radiation table and told to hold still.  I had so many thoughts on my mind, but wanted to silence the all-consuming ones.  I choose a few of my favorite songs/hymns to replace and calm all the extra inside my inner voice.  

I also thought of the name of the new mask (Eedolem).  It my name said backwards, for any readers who might have been confused, and it was my Gramps who would often call be by that nickname.  He passed when I was not yet twelve years old, but made a great impact in my life. Then, a mountain of sweet memories and tender thoughts rushed in.  My soul was fed, and tears ran down my cheeks.  (Not so much in the normal way, but into my ears, while I was in lockdown.  

The time that first seemed to drag on became one of heavenly strength today and was over too soon.  How thankful I am for those moments when I know that it is good to not give up.  


After a rough morning of my body not getting in line with the time schedule, sweet family and friends pulled me out of any negative feelings and make the hard time easier to handle. We are all a little underwater that already seems to be over our heads with all the things, right? Having a helping hand to help pull you out is how we get through one more day.  


When you have faith in above,  and people who love, that truly is all you need!


Now, for a Labor Day break, and then baby steps to week two!

No comments:

Post a Comment