Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Low Moment

Two days of water and saltine crackers broke me.  That, and pulling out piles of hair while combing my hair after the shower.  I had a moment of self pity and cried, just so frustrated that I'm already doing this again.  Why?  Why, oh, why do I have to do this again, so soon after finishing the first fight?  I don't want to!

I've been sticking to food to stay alive, rather than eating for enjoyment.  Eating is the furthest thing from enjoyment these days, as even with a lidocaine/antac/benadryl solution, it is painful!  My ear is better, which is nice, but there is a lower point in my esophagus that burns every time I swallow.  I am trying the BRAT diet, with a few twists, but it's a chore to eat enough calories to keep me going.  I'm doing well on staying hydrated; just have to force myself to drink water, and water is about the only thing I can drink without pain.  Had Rice and chicken soup for dinner--painful going down, but did well once swallowed.

I try---oh, I try----to not let the low moments creep in, but today I found myself asking when was life going to take a break from giving me lemons?  I'm getting a little tired of all this lemonade.  (Who can handle all that acidity anyway?) Hopefully tomorrow will be better, and the next day a little better than that.  If I am moving uphill, I'm just happy to be moving.  



2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. This sucks! But you PJs are super cute. Hope tomorrow is better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry you have to go through this and depressing days are the worst. I wish we lived closer so I could help. Sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete