Friday, September 25, 2015

Quilting



For years, I've had this idea of taking the boys' baby blankets and having them made into quilts.  My boys got lots and LOTS of blankets, and they have all been blanket babies, hanging on to their favorites.  As they outgrew the little ones and moved on to favorite big ones, I put all the others in boxes, waiting for my "someday" project.  

After being diagnosed with incurable cancer, my "somedays" are a little more limited, so everyday is a day to do something that I want to do in life.  I mentioned this project when trying to come up with ideas for our monthly activity at church and something that I knew I would need help with.  After a ton of people wanting to participate, we were able to get so much done on this project last night.  


From cutting to sewing to tying a quilt, so many friends showed up to work on this little project.  How it touched my heart that so many were willing to serve and that so many showed up wearing pink.  {And I came all in black!}



Cutting up Evan's blankets: 


Getting ready to sew the squares for Kyle's blanket: 











Tying Ryan's quilt :


A friend inspired by my mohawk to get her own!

Look how many people showed up to help with this project! {More came after I took pictures, too!}


It's the little things that help through this process.  Having the support and love of people who are willing to give of their time and talents to turn something that might have been tossed from the storage unit to a treasured memory, helped me know that there are still good days ahead.  We can do so much in this life when we help each other and have the love of those around us. 

4 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I wish I could have been there to help. I'm sure your boys will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited for this activity and then my family was sick and I had to miss it :( So glad there were so many there to help! I was thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, this made me cry. These women are AMAZING! I miss you all so much. I wish I could have been there, too. I can't believe Sheri! She's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was there too! Glad you documented it :)

    ReplyDelete