Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Last Good Hair Day


I washed my hair for the last time today.

As I was combing, hair pulled out in clumps.  Kyle walked by my sink and said something like, "Man, that's a lot of hair!  No wonder you're going to shave it off!"   I washed it down the drain {whoever buys my houses will have lots and LOTS of hair down their drains....sorry!} once, and then attempted to style it for the last time, as I'll be shaving it off tomorrow.  This was the sink AGAIN after the second combing:


People ask why I choose to shave off my hair.  Well, I don't do shedding well.  I don't do clumps and blotchy baldness well.  I don't enjoy waking up with a pile of hair on my pillow.  We don't have pets that shed for this reason, so the humans in the house are not allowed to shed, either.

Last time at this point, I cut my hair into a short bob, but that only lasted a few weeks because I could not take the look of my sink filled with hair every time I ran my hands through it.  I know me.  Watching the slow decline is much harder than just facing the fact that I'm going to lose my hair head-on and shaving it off.

 I've had more tears this time around, maybe because I know what's coming and I don't want to do it again, but I know I need to.  It's too early in the battle to give up the fight.  I'm ready....or as ready as I'll ever be.  First, saying good-bye to this hair.  It's going---tomorrow night!


This part is easier than losing the brows and lashes.  That's not a fun part for me at all, but bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment