Sunday, September 20, 2015

Hair Today, Bald Thursday



I'm bald again. 

Since this time was so much harder, it was nice to throw a little party to get as much support as I could in having to do this again.  We had a little get together at our house, inviting everyone to wear a scarf or a hat or shave off their hair with me. 

I tried to be a little creative with some snacks.

Before & After strawberries---get it?  some have "hair" and some don't. 



Take it off Cheese.  (I love those little cheeses you get to peel open!)


What a Melon! melon balls. 

Peach Fuzz-tini with pink salt to rim the glasses and roasted peaches to add to lemonade, topped with sparkling cider. 



I got one new wig and had people vote on her name.  Candy won. There was also a money tree and we played a game with guessing famous actors that have shaved their heads for roles. 



At 8:25, the alarm sounded, and it was shaving time.  No one else took the challenge but Stephen, so I made him go first. 

Here's the "before." 



I love that my hairstylist was sweet enough to come to my house.  Go see her at Celebrity Spa & Salon, and tell her I sent you!!!




He's done it again!  *The boys were FORBIDDEN to shave off their blonde!



My turn.


I wanted to play around, so we did a mohawk first. 




Ready to rock it, but first---let me take a selfie! 




I wanted to keep it, but it wouldn't have looked any good in a few days.  A patchy mohawk isn't cool. 


Take it all off!  I only cried a little and might have made it through without tears until someone busted out "FIGHT SONG."  I lost it a little then! 



After:



I'm so glad so many people were able to come, and I felt so loved!!!! 
(back row: Blake, Ryan, Holly, Lacy, Lisa, Leigh, Anna, Adriane, Racel, Stephen.  middle: Amber, Dolly (and original pink warrior!!), Laura, Sheri.   front row: Rachael, Kyle, Ryan, Julia (another pink warrior!), Evan, Brittany, Josh.)

Thank you all for coming and joining my Pink Warriors!!!!  We fight this battle together. 



Looking down at the pile of hair on the floor---I had several thoughts.  1) It's done.  2)  It's easier to take charge and not let this thing control me.  3) I'd rather be bald than be pulling out clumps of hair every time I ran my hands through my hair.  It's easier to take it all off at once than to deal with it day-by-day.  4) There's no hiding my gray now--look at all those lovely blonde highlights that Amber spent hours perfecting.  We'll have to get back there again!  5) It's only hair. 



It's been fun getting back into some of my wigs and watching people's faces as they do double takes to recognize me.  I've always liked costumes, and now I get to be a different person every day.  You never know who's going to show up when you invite me somewhere these days! 

1 comment:

  1. you have WAY too much fun. I love how you make an sad situation into a party.

    ReplyDelete