Wednesday, September 23, 2015

After Round Two


The first few days after chemo have been treating me pretty well.  I believe I do well because I still have some steroids in me, which give me extra energy.  I've been able to run some errands, do a little shopping, and have had the energy to do a few things around the house.  Jane went out yesterday:



I felt well enough to go to yoga/pilates this morning.  Then, lunch time hit.  Nothing sounded good, and my throat is still a little raw, which makes swallowing difficult.  {It's gotten SO much better than a few weeks ago, but I'm still not at 100%.}


Some friends came over to help set up and lay out squares for quilts we are going to be making for the boys.  I'm so excited about this project.  These are some great ladies I used to work with in the Relief Society organization at our church before getting released a few weeks ago.  Today, they got to hang out with Bridgett:



Soon after this, I took a little down turn.  The way I explain it is being a little "off."  I get light-headed, a little nauseous, {which I have meds for}, and start to feel the internal battle of the intestines---should we have EXTREME DIARRHEA or should the meds hold the gates???  I was able to take a long nap, which helped.  Then, the boys got home from school, and it was time to get going with homework, chores, and soccer practice.  

A few more days down, and a few weeks to go until I have to start all over again.  




PS.  Here's a few funny things kids have said about my hair/wigs

My niece saw me with a red wig at church.  She just stared and stared and told her mom, "I'm looking at Aunt Mel's hair.  It looks ridiculous!  It looks weird!"  {She knew I was shaving my hair off, but was not aware that it would be replaced with wigs!}

Several boys asked today why I'm bald.

A girl asked why I don't have hair.  

It's fun to see how people who have no filter react to my changing looks!  


2 comments:

  1. Red hair blue hair green hair no hair..... Always gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Mel, I had to zoom in on the picture with blonde hair before I realized it was you!!! Hahaha. You're rocking the wigs.

    ReplyDelete