Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Leave it to Fleener--RESULTS!


I got a call from Dr. Fleener this morning.  She couldn't wait to give me the good news!  

Looking at the results of my PET scan, she told me they are about the best results she good possibly expect in my case!  This scan looks MUCH better than the last.  All of the lymph nodes in my chest that were lighting up before are gone.  Most of the bone areas with cancer before are gone now.  There is still some activity in my spine---in T6&7 and in L2&3 {I may not be exactly right on the numbers, but they are close}--but the metabolic numbers are lower.  {The higher the number, the worse it is.  For example, numbers like 9, 10....20 are bad.  Normal is 2 or lower.} The only new area is ONE lymph node in my neck.  Dr.  Fleener is not too worried about this because 1) It's ONE lymph node and not several.  2)Its metabolic number is 3.3.....or something like that. 3) I've had problems with the radiation and ulcer in that area, so it's more likely that the lymph node is inflamed from that than cancerous.  


These are GREAT results, and I'm so glad Dr. Fleener called me!  She didn't want me to have to wait, and it's always nice in the cancer world to be able to call with good results!

If I have to go through chemo again, at least we know it's working!  I keep thinking that God wants to work miracles through me, and we are on the way to that.  I'm so grateful for good news!!!!  


Now to celebrate with some Mexican food----fajitas and queso will have to do, as I'm still not drinking Dr. Pepper.  


3 comments: