Monday, August 17, 2015

Goble This Cancer: Day One



Today I had my first ever radiation treatment in my battle against cancer.  I didn't know exactly what to expect, and it was even quicker and less painful than I had imagined.

First, I received my scan card.  From now on, I simply scan in to register myself, go through the door, find my robe, get changed, and wait to be called.    






The techs came to get me.  I laid down flat on the table, and they positioned me according to my tattoos.  When everything was lined up perfectly, they took an x-ray to check for precision.  The machine moved around me and made a subtle noise.  Then, I was told to hold still and breath normally during the radiation.  I didn't feel anything or see anything except the movement of the machine, and before I knew it, my five minutes were up! 

It's an in-and-out procedure--quick and painless.  I'll have the same appointment time everyday, unless something comes up, and I can easily change.  I'll meet with Dr. Goble every Thursday to check my progress, will have regular lab check-ups, and will be done in 10 days.  

That's about it.  The first day of battle was an easy one.  Too bad it's just going to get harder from here.  


1 comment:

  1. You are such a beautiful cancer patient! Glad today felt somewhat easy. Day 1 of this battle is done!

    ReplyDelete