Friday, August 28, 2015

Goble This Cancer--Days Eight and Nine

The esophagus irritation started on Wednesday.  It's painful and irritating, like a combination of terrible heartburn and swallowing an ice cube.  Luckily, I was able to meet with Dr. Goble a day early and start a new prescription that I take before meals and at bedtime.  It is a mixture of Lidocaine, Antac, and Benadryl, and helps with the burning and discomfort while eating, but adds to my already high level of fatigue.  I also do not have much of an appetite---probably because my body knows it will be in pain to eat.  At least I'm winding down to the end of this part of treatment, and this esophagus pain might elevate over the weekend, but should continue to get better after that.  



On Thursday, Emmy was able to go with me again, as we had a date to get pedicures with friends immediately after.  I'm glad she was able to drive because I seem to always feel tired!  Only one day left!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment