Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Port

I had the first case of the day to have my meta-port placed.  The good thing about the first case of the day is that it runs on schedule.  The bad thing is you have to be up and at the hospital EARLY!  I am NOT a morning person, but I'll take the first case in order to get in and out and on with my life.  




As usual, even with warnings about being a hard stick, the nurse had to do two IV's.  I guess I'm just destined to be a pin cushion before surgeries.  This is my best "girl, please!" look.


Everyone on the internet is over here posting their last beach day photos of the summer, sitting looking out at ocean tides rolling in on sandy beaches.  I'm posting my view of Bair Paws socks looking at the soothing vanilla hospital wall.


Then Stephen was able to stop in and cheer me up before he had to go start his case.  I love the pink ribbon OR cap, for good luck!!!



Then, my "friend," the Versed, came on board to help me feel nice and ready for surgery.  I remember very little after that, other than a nice, deep sleep.  I deserved it after waking up before the sun!

Steve and Timee came to hold all my belongings and wait for me to come out of surgery.  

Before I knew it, I was back and being forced to wake up.  Then, some grape juice, graham crackers, my discharge papers, a wheelchair, and out!  



This port was placed a little differently than my other one.  Dr. P used the same larger incision, but place it higher up and with a smaller, new incision on my neck.  At this point, what's another scar when you have so many?

I'm sliced and diced and ready for the chemo battle to start.....as ready as a person can be.  How thankful I am for being able to receive my drugs through a port and not to have to be subjected to an IV stick each time.  To avoid that, I'd go through surgery any day of the week!  

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing your smiling face amid all this stuff. You've got this! Praying always for you.

    ReplyDelete