Thursday, August 6, 2015

PET Scan Results

The radiation oncologist called me today with the results of my PET scan.  We have a second miracle!

The scan shows the bone metastases that we already knew about.  In addition, there are several lymph nodes in my chest with activity, which is a suggestion of cancer.  However, the scan shows NOTHING in my lungs or liver!

Beyond the extra lymph nodes, these results add nothing new to the list of areas we already knew about.  It is not great that there are a number of bone metastases, but this is good news.  Most often, the type of cancer I have returns to those 3 areas--brain, liver, and lungs.  Have no cancerous activity in those major spots is a relief.  No worse news is good news these days!

Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, messages, concern, suggestions, and love.  Now we wait for my appointment next week before knowing anything further into the battle plan.

2 comments:

  1. Whoop! So glad you have some "good news"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for The good news! You have been on my mind so much lately!

    ReplyDelete